The lifting front, also known as lifting of the brow, is made to decrease the wrinkles or expression lines in this region, because the technique raises the eyebrows and smoothes forehead skin, causing a more youthful look.
This procedure is performed by the plastic surgeon, and can be done in 2 ways:
- With the endoscope: it is done with special instruments, with a camera on the tip, inserted through small cuts in the scalp. In this way, it is possible to reposition the muscles and pull the forehead skin, in addition to vacuuming out excess fat and tissue, with minimal cuts in the skin.
- With a scalpel: can be made small cuts in the scalp, on the top and side of the forehead, for the doctor to be able to drop and pull the skin, but in a way that the scar can be hidden between the hair. In some people, it can also be made small cuts in the folds of the eyelids, the better the result.
Both forms offer excellent results, and can cost an average between R$ 3.000,00 R$ 15.000,00 reais, depending on the material used and the medical team who will perform the procedure.
How is the surgery
The surgery of lifting of the brow can be made separately or, if the person has lots of expression lines or wrinkles in other locations of the face, can also be done in conjunction with the lifting of the face complete. See more details about the facelift.
Generally, the surgery is done with local anesthesia and sedatives, and have a duration, on average, 1 hour. The elevation of the forehead and eyebrows is fixed with suture points or small screws.
After the procedure, repositioning of the muscles and skin of the forehead, the surgeon closes the open locations with special wires removable or absorbable, staples, or adhesives made for the skin.
How is the recovery
After the procedure, the person can go home on the same day with a bandage to protect the scar, which should be cleaned according to the guidance of the doctor, and the washing of the head in the shower is released after about 3 days.
The healing usually takes around 7 to 10 days, and after this, a reassessment is required by the surgeon, for the removal of the points and observation of the recovery. During this period, it is recommended:
- Use the remedies to relieve the pain or discomfort, such as pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, prescribed by a doctor;
- Avoid physical exertion and to avoid lower the head;
- Do not expose to the sun, so as not to impair healing.
It is common to be purplish patches by hematoma or an initial swelling, which will disappear after a few days, being that the end result only becomes apparent after a few weeks, when you can notice a brow more smooth and a more youthful appearance.
During recovery, the person should enter into immediate contact with the surgeon in the case of a lot of pain, fever above 38 ° c, the presence of pus, or opening of the wound. Check out some tips on essential care after plastic surgery to improve healing and recovery.